Friday, September 21, 2012

something from Micah?

I'm reading in the "minor prophets" these days - that's those short books at the end of the Old Testament. (Don't worry - I still read in Psalms every day, as well as in the New Testament,too!)

The minor prophets are pretty grim. They mostly talk about how terrible Israel is, how sinful they are, & how God's going to punish them. Yeah, really uplifting stuff!

But every once is a while, there something that speaks to today. I was reading in Micah 7 this morning. Here's some stuff that came up off the page.


Micah 7:7 As for me, I look to the Lord for His help. I wait confidently for God to save me, & my God will certainly hear me.

16 All nations of the world will stand amazed at what the Lord will do for you.

18d You (as in God) delight in showing mercy

19 You (as in God) will trample our sins under Your feet & throw them into the depths of the ocean! 20 You will show us Your faithfulness & unfailing love as you promised...


And then there was a pivotal statement for all of us in Acts 15...

Acts 15:11 we are all saved the same way, by the special favor of the Lord Jesus.

No comments: