Sunday, March 30, 2014

2 batches

Here's just some verses that stuck out for me today as I was reading...

btw, if there is one thing I can completely recommend to EVERYONE, is that you read the Bible EVERY DAY...

but, if you do, you need to understand one thing...


God will MESS with you, BIG TIME!



This first batch comes from Psalm 37 - it's got a LOT of stuff in it - you should read through it sometime ;-)


vs 5 Commit everything you do to the Lord/

Trust Him, & He will help you.


vs 7 Be still in the presence of the Lord,

& wait patiently for Him to act.

(I would interpret this verse in 4 words: shut up & wait ;-)


vs 34 Don't be impatient for the Lord to act!

Travel steady along His path.

He will honor you,

     giving you the land.



This second batch is from Romans 12...

vs 2 Don't copy the behavior & customs of this world,

     but let God transform you into a new person

     by changing the way you think.

Then you will know what God want you to do,

     & you will know how good & pleasing His will really is.


vs 12a Be glad for all God is planning for you...

     (whenever this verse speaks to me, I know God's up to something, sometimes it's something I'm gonna be uncomfortable facing, but will give me a whole paradigm of new freedom.)



There's a whole lot of overarching situations that these verses speak directly to for me in my life right now.

For those of you who regularly read this blog, I'll keep you updated as tings unfold, no matter which way they go.

No comments: