Saturday, March 1, 2014

clinging

If you cling to your life, you will lose it;

But if you give it up for Me; you will find it. (NLT)


If you don't go all the way with Me, through thick & thin, you don't deserve Me.

If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself.

But if you forget about yourself & look to Me, you'll find both yourself & Me. (The Message)


Both of these quotes are Matthew 10:39



Since especially 2008, God has been whispering to me over & over & over...

"...don't cling to your life..."

Iow, let go of your life & trust Me.

It's been crazy.

No, really... it's been crazy ever since.

But the craziest thing is that the more I let go of every thing I hold dear, the more it feels like my life is in sync with His.

That doesn't mean it's easy.

It doesn't mean it always makes sense.

But I'd rather be living a life where it seems I spend a awful lot of time letting go of the totality of my life than the life I've lived spending so much energy & time holding on to it.

No comments: