Thursday, July 3, 2014

favor

Unless the Lord builds a house,

     the work of the builder is useless.

Unless the Lord protects a city,

     guarding it with sentries will do no good

Psalm 127:1


The older I get, the more I believe that what we are able to be & do is all about God's favor.

I can't tell you how many times I've planned something for months, put it together, & then pulled it off, all with little to no results.

At the same time, sometimes I've felt compelled to be or do something by God, followed His leading for the preparation of it, & then been or done it with results far & beyond whatever I could have imagined.

The difference?

God's favor.

So what was the difference?

In the first, using my own insight & "wisdom", I was being or doing what I thought God would want me to be or do under my own steam.

In the second instance, I was being or doing something God was compelling or leading me into, something that scared me, & something I KNEW I couldn't pull off in my own strength & "wisdom" - it was all up to God, or I was sunk.

It's all about God's favor.


Did any of this makes sense?

I hope so - it's been a slow lesson for me to learn & digest.

Don't be as slow as I've been  ;-)

No comments: