Tuesday, July 29, 2014

following

"...don't try to figure everything on your own."


I'm always trying to figure things out.

I think part of it might be a defense mechanism;

     another may be that I may be trying to get ahead of the game & be prepared for whatever eventualities lie ahead;

     while on the other hand, I may be just curious about makes things tick.


In any event, it seems I am always trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together, of situations, of people, of life.


But sometimes God just wants me to shut up & follow Him.

     sometimes He doesn't tell me the why of situations bc He knows I'd run away from them if I knew;

     He also knows if I have a complete explanation of things, sometimes I'll try to make them happen.


Following Jesus doesn't always mean we'll know the who, what, where, when, & how of any given situation.

Lots of times, we just know to follow & let Him handle the rest.


That's been my life especially these past 4 years - there doesn't seem to be any change in that coming up.

So I follow, as best I can...

I guess it's all any of us can do, really.

    


Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;

    don’t try to figure out everything on your own.

Listen for God’s voice in everything you do,

     everywhere you go;

  He’s the one who will keep you on track. (The Message)

********


Place your trust in the Eternal;


      rely on Him completely;

    never depend upon your own ideas and inventions.

Give Him the credit for everything you accomplish,

    and He will smooth out and straighten the road that lies ahead. (The Voice)

********


Trust the Lord completely,

      and don’t depend on your own knowledge.

With every step you take,

      think about what he wants,

     and He will help you go the right way. (ERV)

********


Trust in the Lord with all your heart

    and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to him,

    and he will make your paths straight. (NIV)

********


Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

    and do not lean on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge him,

    and He will make straight your paths. (ESV)

********


Lean on,

     trust in,

     and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind

and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

In all your ways know,

     recognize,

     and acknowledge Him,

and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. (Amplified)

********


Trust in the Lord with all your heart;

    do not depend on your own understanding.

Seek His will in all you do,

    and He will show you which path to take. (NLT)

No comments: