Saturday, July 19, 2014

obeying

this is Jesus talking here...


Luke 17

7
 "When a servant comes in from plowing or taking care of sheep, does his master say,

        'Come in and eat with me'?

8 No, he says,

     'Prepare my meal,

     put on your apron,

     and serve me while I eat.

     Then you can eat later.'

9 And does the master thank the servant for doing what he was told to do?

     Of course not.

10 In the same way, when you obey Me, you should say,

        'We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty.'"


We have such a screwed up idea of what "serving the Lord" is.

It's all wrapped up in this success orientation that we have about everything...

     ....if we're not "successful" where we're serving then we certainly can't be doing what is right because if we serve the Lord we'll be fantastically successful...

     ....if we're gonna do something it might as well be BIG!


Yeah...


I think in the last 4 years I've learned more about what it means to be a true servant of the Lord than in the rest of my life put together - that's 60 years!


If we truly serve the Lord, sometimes it's all about obeying, & only obeying, & being willing to maybe never know the who, what, where, when, or how of it all.


Anybody else gone through that crucible of understanding, besides me?

No comments: