Wednesday, July 2, 2014

some verses

Psalm 126

4 Restore our fortunes, Lord,

     as streams renew the desert.

5 Those who plant in tears

     will harvest with shouts of joy.

6 They weep as they go to plant their seed,

     but they sing as they return with the harvest.



1 Peter 1

2 God the Father chose you long ago,

     & the Spirit has made you holy.

As a result, you have obeyed Jesus Christ

     & are cleansed by His blood.


4 For God has reserved a priceless inheritance for His children.

It s kept in heaven for you,

     pure & undefiled,

     beyond the reach of change or decay.


6 So be truly glad!

There is a wonderful joy ahead,

     even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while.

7 These trials are only to test your faith,

     to show that it is strong & pure.

It's being tested as fire tests & purifies gold -

     & your faith is more precious to God than mere gold.



I wish you were sitting here with me right now

     & I could tell you want is going on in my head

     & how these verses are what I needed to hear this morning.



In the years to come, if you forget about me, who I was, or what I did, try to remember this one thing...


     read the Bible every day.

No comments: