Wednesday, April 29, 2015

abundance

No matter how we translate it, it always comes out the same - Jesus came to give us a richer, fuller life.

The "thief" that Jesus speaks of here is the devil.



John 10:10

The thief's (the devil's) purpose is to steal, kill, & destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness. (NLT, 1st ed.)


The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows) (Amplified)


A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came to give life—life that is full and good. (ERV)


The thief comes only to steal and (A)kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. (ESV)


The thief comes with the sole intention of stealing and killing and destroying, but I came to bring them life, and far more life than before. (J. B. Phillips)


A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. (The Message)


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. (NASB)


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (NIV)


The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. (NKJV)


The thief approaches with malicious intent, looking to steal, slaughter, and destroy; I came to give life with joy and abundance. (The Voice)

No comments: