Monday, April 13, 2015

like a child

Luke 18

15
 One day some parents brought their little children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them.

But when the disciples saw this, they scolded the parents for bothering him.


16 Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples,

     "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them!

     For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.

     17 I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn't have their kind of faith well never get into the Kingdom of God."



One of my sons I've "come by" was a youth pastor in good sized church.

I was sitting by him one day when we were in a meeting together. We were going around the circle sharing where we were in our life at the time.

While the others were talking,my son was looking at pictures on his laptop of one of his sons who at the time was around 3 years old.

I wanted to whap him up the side of his head! What in the world was he thinking?! How rude!

When it came his turn to share, he closed the lid & said something like this...


"I was looking at the pictures I have of my son. I noticed something. In every one of them, he's looking at me.

"He's not looking around.

"He doesn't know where we're going.

"He doesn't know why we're going there.

"He doesn't know how long it will take to get there

"And doesn't know who's going to be there when we get there.

"All he cares about is that he's with me.


"I wanna be like that again with Jesus.

"When I first became a Christian, I didn't care about anything except I was hooked up with Jesus. I didn't care about knowing the who, what, where, when, or how of anything. I just knew I was with Someone who loved me with a love more than anyone has ever or will ever love me.

"But now that I have a few years under my belt of following Him, I feel like I've earned a explanation of what's going on.

"Iow, I've earned the right to an explanation - to know the why of things, & what, & when, & how, & where.

"But I realize I need to get back to what I was like when I first encountered Him - I just want to be with Jesus. I trust Him enough to not need to know the rest. I'm just gonna keep looking at Him."



Yeah...

No comments: