Thursday, April 30, 2015

just a good man?

This is part of what Jesus said to Martha, the sister to Lazarus. Lazarus had died, & Martha had gone out to meet Jesus when He arrived at her town.



John 11

25
 Jesus told her,

     "I am the resurrection and the life.

      Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.

     26a Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die.



I find it difficult to connect with the thinking of some that Jesus was just a good man (not the son of God) who had many kind & loving things to say that we need to incorporate into our lives.


But Jesus clearly says something here that a man who says wise & meaningful things I would think would not say.


To my way of thinking, Jesus lays it out in these 2 verses that there is life after an earthly death.

He says we "will live, even after dying", & if we live & believe in Him we "will never die."


Either Jesus was who He said He was, or He was a nut case.

There are too many instances of things Jesus said that would point to that premise.

If He was just a wise & wonderful man, then He would only say & be quoted as saying wise & wonderful things.

But telling us something He clearly thought was the truth...

     ...that we will continue to live on after our life here on earth ceases...

     ...would have to either come from someone who knows what He's talking about...

     ...or it would come from a crazy man.


My point?

I believe Jesus is the Son of God, sent by God to make a way for us to have connection with God.

Jesus was not just a wise & wonderful man.

Only 1 of 2 kinds of people would say & do the things He said & did...

     ...the Son of God...

     ...or a crazy man.


I believe He is the Son of God.

No comments: