Tuesday, August 30, 2016

All I know is all I know

Are you worn out today?


Are you so discouraged, defeated, or frustrated?


Do you thing that who you are &/or what you're about is of little to no consequence?


Is your life so overwhelming that you feel completely overcome?


Do you feel put on the shelf?


Does it feel like you're not making any different to anything or anybody?


Does your life seem “over” or “done”?


Do you think “what's the use?” a lot?


Does the knot at the end of your rope feel like it's coming undone?


Are you tired of saying, or thinking, “I don't know” to every question put to you or put to yourself?


Does the trajectory of your life seem to not “traject”?


Do you just feel “wo' out”?


You too, huh?



This verse is not offered as a glib panacea of hope, or a smug “fixing” for all your think & feel right now.


I offer it as it is – it is what it is.


It's from Paul's letter to the followers of Jesus who lived in Galatia.


God definitely gave it to be 10 years ago in reference to a relationship I thought was irrevocably broken.


And He's given it to me over & over again in regards to many, many situations in my life, including my life right now.


He keeps saying the 6 words of the 2nd line.


It is a promise that not only comes from Paul's life lived following Jesus – it's something that God Himself speaks to each of us.


I don't think it's a way out immediately for any of us.


What I think it is is what it is – a promise from God for all of us – for you, & me...


...even though it doesn't feel like it.


It is what it is.


All I know is all I know.




So don't get tired of doing what is good.


Don't get discouraged & give up,


for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.


Galatians 6:9 (NLT, 1st edition)

No comments: