Friday, August 12, 2016

trees by the river

Blessed are those who trust in the Lord,

& have made the Lord their hope & confidence.

They are like trees planted along the riverbank

with roots that reach deep into the water.

Such trees are not bothered by the heat,

or worried by long months of drought.

Their leaves stay green,

& they go right on producing delicious fruit.

Jeremiah 17:7-8



This is one of the passages I feel like God gave me to hold on to during 2016.

I don't know why it stands out for me today.

I will think about it.

But it's also for someone else today.

Think about the implications of the promises Jeremiah wrote so long ago, & how the truth of what he said applies to you.

It's all about what trusting the Lord completely means to us.

The visual he uses is pretty strong.

In a world as precarious as ours, the truth Jeremiah expresses can give us hope to face whatever comes our way.

If these 2 verses speak to you & your situation, hold on to them – I know I do.

No comments: