Tuesday, August 23, 2016

weak vs strong

2 Corinthians 12


7b So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh,

a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

  8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.

9 Each time he said,

"My grace is all you need.

My power works best in weakness."

So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses,

so that the power of Christ can work through me.

10 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ.

For when I am weak, then I am strong.



Paul wrote this.

We don't know what his “thorn” was.

That's not the important factor.

The most important thing Paul learned is that God is able to be & do great things in our lives when we are weak.

He learned that God strength is much more abundant when he acknowledges his weakness & need for God's intervening power.


Why is this true for Paul & us?


Because God is able to work more freely when we are admittedly weakend so that God can work through us more or less unhindered.


I've experienced this, more than once.


There have been times when I knew I couldn't pull off what was required for me to be or do.

But if I surrendered myself to whatever is at hand, expecting God to empower me every step of the way, He has always come through for me.


Always.


Consider that today as you go about your life, & think about if we trusted Him more to come through for us, what our lives might look like.

No comments: