Tuesday, April 18, 2017

what is He trying to say, & what does it mean

Don't be afraid, for I am with you.

Don't be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you.

I will help you.

I will uphold you with My victorious right hand.

Isaiah 41:10



Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord is the One who goes before you.

He will be with you.

He will neither fail you or forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:8



Don't be afraid. Just trust Me.

Luke 8:50b



Don't worry...

Psalm 37:1a



I promise you, when I was listening out for the verses or passages I thought God might want me to hold on to in 2017, I really didn't notice what the first few words were in each one.


And then a couple of months ago, it hit me – in the New Living Translation that I read from each day, 3 of them start the same way.


The fourth one doesn't use the same words but completely goes along with the other 3.


It was a really weird moment when I realized that.


Do you think God is trying to tell me something?


Do you think that since you're reading those verses right now, maybe God might be trying to tell you the same thing?


3 times He says “don't be afraid...”, & then, “don't worry...”.


And if we choose to not be afraid & not worry, what does that mean?


We just trust Him to be & do what we need Him to specifically &/or generally be & do in our lives?


Is it that simple? (but not necessarily easy?)


And what will that mean in our lives?


How will such functionality impact our dysfunctionality?


I'm not kidding here – these are not rhetorical questions.


If we REALLY believe God is speaking to you & me through these verses, how then should we live?


You I I live crazy, chaotic lives in a world that is becoming infinitely more crazy & chaotic.


Just about the time that I think I've adjusted to the “anything goes” reality of life in this world now, there's another new situation where “anything goes”.


I've quit thinking I've “seen it all” - because whenever I think that, something happens or I become aware of something that is brand new, & usually weird beyond my imagining.


And in the midst of all this chaos, God gives me 4 verses that say “don't be afraid” & “don't worry”.


So, what do you think He's trying to say?


Like I said, I'm serious – what does this all mean, in view of the increasingly demented times we live in?

No comments: