Wednesday, April 12, 2017

what should identify us

John 13

34 So now I am giving you a new commandment:

Love each other.

Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.

35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."



These two verses are SO embarrassing.

We all know that Christians in America are known for a lot of things.

I don't think the thing they would say about us is that we are a people overflowing with love for others.

Judgemental may be the word.

Or mean.

Or unaccepting.

Ridgid.

Narrow.

But not loving.

I suppose we could become that way, IF we can ever quit listening to the clap trap fed us each day by a chorus of ungodly people.

Maybe if we could try to see people as Jesus sees them, maybe we'd be more prone to love them.

Maybe...

Just a thought...

No comments: