Wednesday, March 17, 2010

clean slate

Psalm 31:14 I am trusting You, O Lord, saying, "You are my God!" 15a My future is in your hands.

For a chronic worrier like the me I used to be, those are some sweet words.

********

Colossians 2:13b God made you alive w/ Christ. He forgave all our sins.
14 He canceled the record containing the charges against us. He took it & destroyed it by nailing it to Christ's cross.

It's interesting how God speaks sometimes. Here Paul says God basically has wiped the slate clean for us - all those sins we commit have been wiped away from His radar screen. Yesterday, in Colossians 1:21, Paul says that God views us as "holy & faultless" because of Jesus' sacrifice.

I don't know who needs to hear this fact this morning, besides me. Paul is saying here that because of Jesus, our relationship with God is fundamentally changed. Because of Jesus, He sees us as holy & faultless, who list of sins have been wiped away.

I don't know who needs to know that today, but because Jesus can offer His perfect life in exchange for yours, your sins are wiped away & God doesn't see those sins anymore. Whoever of you who are out there being condemned by the devil & your own guilt, you can let it go. God doesn't look at you as someone tainted with sin anymore - He sees you sinless.

All that gunk in your life He simply doesn't see anymore. He see you for the beautiful person He created, because that who you are now. So you can let go of all the condemnation you've been feeling - let it go!

No comments: