Sunday, March 7, 2010

a masterpiece

Ephesians 2:10 We are God's masterpiece. He created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.

Sometimes I don't feel like a masterpiece, but at least I live in & accept the truth of that statement.

I used to not believe this verse. I just couldn't see it. But once I did, it change my whole life.

I chose to believe as true the things the Bible said about me & what God thinks & feels about me.

Iow, I chose to believe that God really love the me that is me (because He created the me that is me).

I chose to believe that He takes a real delight in me.

And I chose to believe that He has a real pride in me.

He may not be proud of some of the things I do, but He's proud of the me that is me - the real me.

And I chose to believe that He had dreamed a dream for my life a LONG time ago, a dream that's a whole lot better, more perfect, more exciting, more crazy, more scary, more eternally significant than anything I could dream up.


And choosing to believe Him has made all the difference.


You may not believe you're a masterpiece, let alone one that God would think of that way.

You may not feel particularly lovable.

You cannot imagine anyone being proud of you, let alone God.

You can't imagine anyone taking the time to dream about you, certainly not the God of the universes.

Well, it doesn't matter what you think or feel about the matter - God thinks of you as His masterpiece, loves you infinitely, is unspeakably proud of you, & has dreamed up a life just for you.

Choose to believe it. That's all you have to do.

No comments: