Tuesday, March 23, 2010

what's being said here?

Just wanna look at these 2 verses in different translations...

Psalm 37:7a Be still in the presence of the Lord & wait for Him to act. (NLT)

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him. (NIV)

Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him (NASB)

Quiet down before God, be prayerful before him (The Message)

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him (KJV)


2 "be still's" & 2 "rest's" - hmmmmmmm... I guess that means I don't have to run my mouth a lot with God?

********
Psalm 37:
34a Don't be impatient for the Lord to act! Travel steadily along the path. (NLT)

Wait for the LORD and keep his way. (NIV)

Wait for the LORD and keep His way (NASB)

Wait passionately for God, don't leave the path (The Message)

Wait on the LORD, and keep his way (KJV)


4 "waits" - hmmmmm... anybody here like to wait?


I guess I'll keep "moving in the direction I'm going" & just see what the Lord's up to in His time.

;-)

No comments: