Sunday, March 21, 2010

reading

Matthew 4:1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil.2 For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry.
3 During that time the devil came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread."
4 But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say,

'People do not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "

Ya know, I know y'all get tired of hearing me talk on & on & on about how the bottom line of my life is that since 2003 I've been getting up early to read the Bible & listen out for what God may have say to me.

And I can talk endlessly about how much it's changed my life.

And then, to add insult to injury, I can talk for what seems forever about how I believe you should do the same - find time, each day, without fail, a time to simply sit, read the Bible, & listen out for whatever He may have to say to you.

I'm sorry.

It's hard to keep quiet about something that's completely changed my life.

I've discovered what the 4th verse in this scriptur passage means.

If I didn't read the Bible each day, I simply starve to death.

I'd be out of sync with our Abba Father. (I'm out of sync with Him enough as it is - but if I went a while without reading the Bible every day... well, its not a pretty thing.)

Why the Bible? Why not read other things?

I do read other things. But here's why the Bible is so important...

The Bible is the Word of God.

It's God speaking directly to us.

If that's true, then why not read something that is the main tool that the God of the universes uses to speak to His children?

Think about it. Just a thought. I'm your friend.

No comments: