Friday, March 26, 2010

lotsa stuff here

Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently

(dan note: well, I don't know about the "patiently" part...)


for the L
ORD to help me,
and He turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair,

(dan note: you have no idea...)


out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
and steadied me as I walked along.
3 He has given me a new song to sing,

(dan note: yeah, He really has, these last 10 years )

a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what He has done and be amazed.
They will put their trust in the L
ORD.

4 Oh, the joys of those who trust the LORD,

(dan note: Life's a whole lot simpler when I do)

who have no confidence in the proud
or in those who worship idols.
5 O L
ORD my God, You have performed many wonders for us.
Your plans for us are too numerous to list.

(dan note: and if I knew what they were, I'd probably run away or mess them up!)

You have no equal.
If I tried to recite all Your wonderful deeds,
I would never come to the end of them.

6 You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings.
Now that You have made me listen, I finally understand —
You don't require burnt offerings or sin offerings.

(dan note: so what does He want? Me)

7 Then I said, "Look, I have come.
As is written about me in the Scriptures:
8 I take joy in doing Your will, my God,
for Your instructions are written on my heart."

(dan note: I think I'm finally getting to the point where I believe the life He's dreamed for me is better than the one I dreamed for me.)

17 As for me, I am poor & needy
but the Lord is thinking about me right now
.

(dan note: every time I read this I'm astounded!!! God is thinking about me!)

No comments: