Monday, March 15, 2010

worry

Philippians 4:4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
6 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.7 Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Worry will kill us, or rob us of life.

At the beginning of 2008, when God started talking seriously to me about downtown, one of the verses He gave me was from Matthew 6:25, which in the NIV translation states singularly, "don't worry about your life."

Over & over again in the time that has ensued, when I have "what if'ed" Him, or fretted about the how, who, what, where, when, of thing, downtown related or otherwise, He has simply whispered, "don't worry about your life."

As a result, I'd like to think that my life as a world class worrier are behind me. The last 3 months I wondered, but I think maybe I just may be past it.

It's a trust issue, bottom line. It's all about REALLY trusting God. If He whispers to me, "don't worry about your life," what He really saying is, "I've got you covered."

This is the God of the universes talkin' here, remember?

The God of the universes is whispering to us, "don't worry about your life." He's saying, "I'm gonna take care of you."

It's hard for me to remember what it was like to be a world class worrier. I still fret about things, but NOTHING like I used to.

It's all about trust - trusting that God really is gonna take care of things; trusting God no matter what happens.

Think about it...

No comments: