Sunday, August 15, 2010

I need a dream interpeted

I'm serious. If you have the gift of dream interpretation, I sure would appreciate you interpreting this one, if you can.

Now, understand, I dream a lot - some of them are just dreams - you know, crazy. Some of them are funny. I remember very few of them. They're dreams - transitory.

Let me set this up for you...

I have a friend who died a few years ago. We had been very good friends, & wonderful brothers.

But like I said, he had died. When that happened, I let him go. It's been years since I thought of him.

In my nap this afternoon I had a very compelling dream.

It seems I'm driving down the street in a area where there's people, kids, runners, other cars coming from the other direction, maybe houses and small businesses along the street.

I'm driving along, when I see this guy on the other side of the road, on the left side of the street. He has on sneakers, dark "slicky pants" (like workout pants), a T shirt, hoodie, & some sort of hat. Because he's walking in the same direction I'm going on the left side of the street, I see his back before I see his face.

I think to myself, "that guy sure does look a lot like my brother, Xxxx"

As I pass by, I look over & he looks just like my friend. And he speaks to me. It's my friend. This guy's been dead for years.

Needless to say, I quickly find a place to park!

I run back to where he is. Sure enough, it was my friend.

It goes without saying that we had a hug-fest, right there on the street.

And I of course asked him how in the world he was here.

Here's what he said....

"The best way to explain it is that natural world & the spirit world operate in like 2 circles next to each other. Every once in a while, those 2 worlds pass close to each other. If you're in the spirit world, & you want to, & you get permission to, you can cross back over. I chose to come back."

(As I looked at him, in the flesh again, I understood that if you came back, you would be human, would be vulnerable to sin again, & would get disease & die again, eventually.)

So, my friend/brother invited over to his house, & I went.

I'm not reading anything into this, other than it's a dream. It's just that it came out of nowhere, with a main character who was a very, very good friend & brother, but someone who's dead & someone I haven't thought about in years.

If you have the gift of dream interpretation, give it your best shot.

If you don't have that gift, don't try to explain it, or imbue it with anything, or point out all the theological or Biblical inconsistencies or impossibilities. I'm more than aware of all that.

Thanks ;-)

No comments: