Wednesday, August 25, 2010

strengths & weaknesses

2 Corinthians 12:7b to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.

9
Each time he said,
"My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in weakness."


So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


"My gracious favor is all your need."

I don't need to be clever, brilliant, deep, wise, or a set-your-hair-on-fire leader. All I need is to see Him & His favor. All I need it His favor.

"My power works best in weakness."

He can work in me when I acknowledge my overarching incapability to be who I should & make happen what needs to happen. His power works through my weakness because my weakness allows His power to flow & work unimpeded.

Someone remind me of this after we get to Blairsville.

There's so much in this verse that's SO on target for our "next" in Blairsville.

No comments: