Tuesday, August 31, 2010

worry

1 Peter 5:3 Give all your worries & cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you.

I used to be a world-class worrier.

I used to worry if I didn't have something to worry about.

Then, at the beginning of 2008, Aaron Barth came to Friday morning staff prayer. He said he'd been reading in Matthew 6 that section that Jesus talks about the lilies of the field, how they don't weave, & how the birds of the air don't sow crops.

And then he said something that changed my life. He said, "you don't have to read all that. read just the 1st part - 'don't worry about your life' "

All during 2008, as God led me to move downtown with HOG & a Christ Chapel, whenever I would fret & try to figure out things, God would quietly whisper, "don't worr about your life."

And as 2008, & then 2009, rolled along, I realized my worrying had seeped away.

Somewhere along the way, I started letting God take care of things.

Worry is all about trust.

We think we have to make things happen, when all we have to do is let God make things happen. He's got our backs. He's gonna take care of us.

We just don't believe it.

So, we worry.

Take it from me, as I walked thru my season downtown, & as we head into our season in Blairsville...

don't worry about your life

No comments: