Tuesday, March 1, 2011

no slackin' off

Mark 13:34 "The coming of the Son of Man can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. When he left home, he gave each of his slaves instructions about the work they were to do, and he told the gatekeeper to watch for his return. 35 You, too, must keep watch! For you don't know when the master of the household will return—in the evening, at midnight, before dawn, or at daybreak. 36 Don't let him find you sleeping when he arrives without warning. 37 I say to you what I say to everyone: Watch for him!"


I'm not much into end times stuff.

Why?

I guess there's just so many people who are going to hell all around me, or who are struggling to simply function, that I don't have time to think about it that much.

And I know it's gonna happen, probably NOT in any of the ways a gajillion people have told us it will.

That being said, for some reason, I have this funny feeling that His return is a LOT closer than we think.

So?

There are thousands of people all around us all the time who are simply gonna miss out if we don't tell them about Jesus.

You & I are Christ followers because someone(s) took the time to tell us about Him.

Where would you & I be if that person or persons decided they weren't gonna share Him with us?

Yep... facing an eternity that's pretty grim.

You & I are that person for countless people all around us.

We can't afford to be slack.

No comments: