Friday, March 4, 2011

selected verses, for me, & maybe for you

1 I love you, LORD;
  you are my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
  my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
  and my place of safety.
3 I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
  and he saved me from my enemies.

16 He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
  he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemies,
  from those who hated me and were too strong for me.

19 He led me to a place of safety;
  he rescued me because he delights in me.
20 The LORD rewarded me for doing right;
  he restored me because of my innocence.

24 The LORD rewarded me for doing right.

27 You rescue the humble,
  but you humiliate the proud.
28 You light a lamp for me.
  The LORD, my God, lights up my darkness.
29 In your strength I can crush an army;
  with my God I can scale any wall.

30 God's way is perfect.
  All the LORD's promises prove true.
  He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
31 For who is God except the LORD?
  Who but our God is a solid rock?
32 God arms me with strength,
  and he makes my way perfect.
33 He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
  enabling me to stand on mountain heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
  he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.
35 You have given me your shield of victory.
  Your right hand supports me;
  your help has made me great.
36 You have made a wide path for my feet
  to keep them from slipping.

46 The LORD lives! Praise to my Rock!
  May the God of my salvation be exalted!

48b You hold me safe beyond the reach of my enemies;
 
49 For this, O LORD, I will praise you among the nations;
  I will sing praises to your name.

No comments: