Thursday, March 10, 2011

thoughts while reading Luke 6

Luke 6:37 Do not judge others, and you will not be judged.
   Do not condemn others,
   or it will all come back against you.
Forgive others,
   and you will be forgiven.

I guess not only do I not need to judge people, but I don't need to think they're idiots, either.

38 Give, and you will receive.
Your gift will return to you in full;
   pressed down,
   shaken together to make room for more,
   running over, and poured into your lap.
   The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.

I feel like He's saying to me that the giving I've done, to Him, & to people, will not be in vain.


46 "So why do you keep calling me 'Lord, Lord!' when you don't do what I say?

47 I will show you what it's like when someone comes to me,
   listens to my teaching,
   and then obeys follows it.

vs 48 It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock.
When the flood waters rise and break against that house,
   it stands firm
   because it is well built. 

49 But anyone who hears and doesn't obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation.
When the floods sweep down against that house,
   it will collapse into a heap of ruins."

I don't know who this last section is for besides me.

46-49 reminds me this morning that by obeying God in what I thought He was leading me to be & do by moving to Blairsville is built on a firm foundation, & will stand firm.

maybe this section is for you in this same manner.
   maybe it's to remind you how foolish it is to NOT obey Him.

I don't know - but someone(s) out there need to hear these last verses.

trust me, it's better to obey than to not obey. I've done both. My money's on obeying.

No comments: