Thursday, August 18, 2011

distractions

Proverbs 4:25
(NLT) Look straight ahead, & fix your eyes on what lies before you.

(The Message) Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions.

(NIV) Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you.

(CEV) Keep looking straight ahead, without turning aside.


This is one of the verses contained within one of the 5 passages I believe God's given me to hold on to during this present season of my life.

And trust me on this, they are the only thing keeping me from going crazy (or crazier) sometimes.

For some reason, this verse came up off the page today - I read the passages most every day - like I said, crazy or crazier ;-)

Especially these words came up - "fix your eyes on what lies before you"

I go to biblegateway.com when I want to read a verse or passage in a lot of different translations. It helps get an overview of what He's trying to say.

I got the feeling He's saying "don't be distracted by what's going on around you. keep moving forward. keep on. keep you focus on who you are & what you're about."

I'll be carrying that with me today. Maybe there will be lots of things coming today that the devil will be sending to try to distract me from what God wants me to be here & now, & what wants me to be about. I don't know. We'll see as the day or days progress.

Just so's ya know, I'm easily distracted.

I get the feeling this is for someone else besides me, too. To you, I say the same thing - don't be distracted with whatever is going on around you, or inside you. God's in control. Keep on.

No comments: