Wednesday, August 17, 2011

psalms

Psalm 1
1 Oh, the joys of those who do not
  follow the advice of the wicked,
  or stand around with sinners,
  or join in with mockers.
2 But they delight in the law of the LORD,
  meditating on it day and night.
3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
  bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
  and they prosper in all they do.


In January, 2003, God started waking me up early to read the Bible & listen for out for Him. Trust me, for me to wake up at 4 a.m. every morning without an alarm has to be God!

I had read somewhere that Billy Graham reads a psalm every day. I figured if it works for him, maybe it would work for me.

I'm starting my 16th or 17th time of reading psalm through. There's 150, 1 a day, then I read through Proverbs with 31 chapters of Proverbs - well, you can do the math. That comes to reading through Psalms & Proverbs twice a year, approximately.

Each time I read I see something different.

Each time through, God will use a psalm to speak to a situation or some need that is going on at the time.

There is a richness to this book that is as wide & deep as God himself.

Ya might wanna think about reading a psalm each day.

Look what it's done for Billy & me! ;-)


If you've read this blog more than 2 or 3 times, you heard me say this - I'm gonna say it again, because if I can influence 1 person to start reading the Bible each day, it will be worth it. Just understand one thing - if you do, God will mess with you, BIG TIME.


The smartest thing I've ever done in my life was to get up when God started waking me up, & reading the Bible & listening out for Him.

The dumbest thing I've ever done was waiting until I was 52 1/2 to do it.

No comments: