Friday, August 19, 2011

lifting our heads

Psalm 3:1 O LORD, I have so many enemies;
  so many are against me.
2 So many are saying,
  "God will never rescue him!" 

3 But you, O LORD, are a shield around me;
  you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.
4 I cried out to the LORD,
  and he answered me from his holy mountain.

5 I lay down and slept,
  yet I woke up in safety,
  for the LORD was watching over me.
6 I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies
  who surround me on every side.


Sometimes, the weight of opposition from people, or the burden of problems, or the confusion over what to be or do gets to us.

Sometimes, it is literally hard to lift up our heads. We walk around looking down.

Here, the psalmist says God gives us such hope, God gives us such strength, God gives us such courage & power. that the heaviness of our load lightens to where we can figuratively & litersally life our heads & face was is going on, & keep moving forward.


Anyone out there need to hear this besides me?


The last few days I've felt like I've been talking to somebody, or somebodies. If that's you, will you let me know? Maybe we can help tote each other's load(s)

No comments: