Tuesday, August 23, 2011

from the last chapter in Hebrews

Closing words from the writer of Hebrews...

Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters.

2 Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!

3 Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies.

  4 Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery.

  5 Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. (dan note: anybody out there satisfied with what they have?)


For God has said,

"I will never fail you.
  I will never abandon you." (dan note: this is my life verse)

6 So we can say with confidence,

"The LORD is my helper,
  so I will have no fear.
  What can mere people do to me?"*

  7 Remember your leaders who taught you the word of God. Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and follow the example of their faith.

  8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

9 So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas. (dan note: in my 61 yrs, I've seen a LOT of strange, new ideas that have come & gone.)


Your strength comes from God's grace, not from rules about food, which don't help those who follow them.


Just sayin'...

No comments: