Saturday, August 10, 2013

2 sections

Proverbs 20:24 How can we understand the road we travel? It is the Lord who directs our steps.



boy, howdy!

I was talking to Sheila Hayslip the other day. We got to laughing about how people think we're both crazy. (Well, we are, ya know?!)

And I told her that is nothing else, in the last 3 years, I've learned to be a little bit more comfortable with being pretty much clueless as to the why & wherefore of my life.

We all want things to add up, everything to make sense, & all parts of our lives to work out very neatly.

It ain't gonna happen.

Sometimes God will show us the big picture, sometimes not. We're in a servant role here. Just do what we're told, & trust Him.

You know it's all about trust, don't ya?


*********


2 Corinthians 12:7b So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh,

     a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.


  8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.


9 Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness."

So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.


10 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses,

        and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ.

For when I am weak, then I am strong.



How many of us would feel the same way if we experienced what Paul experienced?

I know me - I'd yell & scream, pout, crumble, & just basically be infantile - w/ a basic "I don't like this & I want it gone NOW!" kind of attitude.

But I forget so quickly that God works best through my weakness because that way I don't have as great a chance to mess things up.

No comments: