Tuesday, August 27, 2013

worry

Philippians 4

6 Don't worry about anything;

     instead, pray about everything.

Tell God what you need,

     and thank him for all he has done.

7 Then you will experience God's peace,

      which exceeds anything we can understand.

His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.



Yeah, I'm a worrier.

And I've been married for 31 years to someone with the gift of faith.

Worry is basically a lack of trust.

In the final analysis, we just don't believe God will come through.

God gave me these 2 verses to especially hang on to during the year 2005.

Boy, did I ever need them that year.

I can't tell you how many times I did exactly what those verses say to do.

And you know what?

God did just what Paul writes that He would do.

I think the key for me was thanking Him ahead of time for what He was gonna do.

Now, God didn't turn into a vending machine that year - or since.

But strangely enough, if we do what these 2 verses say to do, God does what these 2 verses say He'll do.


Now, have I stepped into a super-dooper higher level of holiness since experiencing these 2 verses active in my life in 2005?

Well, if you know me, you know better.  ;-)

But I DO worry less.

And when I tell Him what's on my mind & trust Him with it, His peace does follow.

The disconnect is if I don't trust Him with it, the peace doesn't follow.


Lynn & I are fixin' to step into another act of faith (like, this doesn't happen on a regular basis?!).

We're gonna have to...

     ...not worry,

     tell God what we need,

    thank Him ahead of time, (important component)

    & wait for His peace to carry us through.


I'll get back with ya on how that all plays out...

No comments: