Friday, August 23, 2013

clinging

If you cling to your life,

     you will lose it;


but if you if you give it up for Me,

     you will find it.

Matthew 10:33



I distinctly remember when God spoke this verse into my life at the end of 2007.

It was to be one of 4 verses He was going to have me hold on to during 2008 & 2009.

I didn't want it to be a verse I was to carry with me through whatever was ahead.

All I ever thought this verse meant was we have to give up everything.

I didn't want to do that.

But God very slowly let me see the whole verse.

If we let go of our lives, He is free to express in our lives the dreams He dreamed for us a gajillion years ago.

But it can only happen if we let go of our dreams for our lives.

I can't tell you how many times during the transitions of those 2 years this voice inside my head would whisper...

        "don't cling to your life."

Iow, let go of that thing, that situation, that security, that expectation, that dream, that person, that whatever...

Let it go...

So that God can implement His plans & dreams for our lives (however crazy it may sound).



Looking back now, would I be & do it differently?

Nope.

The life He brought me then was WAY BEYOND anything I could imagine or hope.

But He couldn't have done it w/o me letting go of the life I had.



And ya know, He's never stopped whispering those words to me since...

     "don't cling to your life."

Has & is my life crazy, seemingly?

Yep.

Would I be or do it differently?

Nope.



So?

"don't cling to your life."

If you do, God will implement into your life the life He dreamed for you, which fits perfectly the you that is you.

Will it be scary?

Yep.

Can you do it on your own?

Nope.

But God is responsible for your life this way - not you.

And who would you rather have responsible for your life?

     finite, vulnerable, fickle, selfish you?

     or the infinite God of the Universes?



There you have it.

No comments: