Sunday, August 11, 2013

4 verses from Proverbs

Here's a few verses I read this morning from Proverbs 21...



vs 13 Those who shut their ears to the cries of the poor will be ignored in their own time of need.

In view of some of the current attitudes toward the poor & the working poor in America, this verse might be something to be pondered.



vs 23 If you keep your mouth shut, you will stay out of trouble.

Honest to goodness, that's what it says!



vs 30 Human plans, no matter how wise or well advised,cannot stand against the Lord.

An interesting verse to think about in a culture that encourages the supremacy of the individual & the "make a plan, work your plan" mentality.



vs 31 The horses are prepared for battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord.

Iow, say & do all you can, & make finely tuned plans out the wazoo, but in the end, it's all about God's favor.

How do I know?

I've been livin' it for quite some time now.

Now matter what plans I've made, no matter how "holy" I think I get, in the final analysis, whether something is what it is, & does what it does, is fully dependent on how much God decides to cover it with His favor.

And don't give me the "well, then why make plans if God's gonna do what God's gonna do."

You know what I'm talkin' about. Yeah, we should make plans, & yeah, we should live right, but in the end, it all works out right because God favors it with right-ness.

No comments: