Saturday, August 24, 2013

come

Yeah, this is for me today.

Who is it for besides me?

Jesus, eternal God of the universes,says to you, & me, "Come..."

That's pretty amazing...


So, let's come to Him.



Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said,

Come to Me,

     all you who are weary

      & carry heavy burdens,

   & I will give you rest.

29 Take My yoke upon you.

Let me teach you,

    because I am humble

        & gentle,

     & you will find rest for your souls.

30 For my yoke fits perfectly,

        & the burden I give you is light.


********

Here's how it is paraphrased in The Message...

28-30 “Are you tired?

             Worn out?

            Burned out on religion?

Come to me.

     Get away with me

        & you’ll recover your life.

I’ll show you how to take a real rest.

Walk with me and work with me;

     watch how I do it.

Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.

I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.

Keep company with me

     & you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

No comments: