Friday, October 4, 2013

focus

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith,

     let us strip off every weight that slows us down,

         especially the sin that so easily trips us up.

And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus,

      the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.

Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross,

     disregarding its shame.

Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne.



"...keeping our eyes on Jesus..."

what does that mean?



One of my sons, Kevin Eakins, who is the youth pastor at Christ Chapel Warner Robins, once said this in a combined staff meeting...


"I was looking at pictures of me & my son, Trey. (he was a preschooler at the time.)

"In every one of them, he was looking at me. He was looking ahead, he wasn't looking around. He didn't care where we were going, when we'd get there, or what we were gonna do when we got there.

"All he cared about was that he was with me.

"I used to be like that w/ Jesus.

"I didn't care where we were, where we were going, when we'd get there, or what we'd do when we did.

"I just cared I was with Him, & all I wanted to do was look at Him.

"I'm not like that now. I feel like I need to know, & deserve to know what's going on.

"I wanna get back to what I used to be - a person who just cared he was w/Jesus."


I wanna be more like that, too.

No comments: