Wednesday, October 14, 2015

good stuff

Some mornings I just don't have much to say.

Sometimes life may seem overwhelming,

or the places I've read that morning may be good but just nothing stands out,

& some mornings I just don't have anything much to say.


Please understand that in writing these blogs each morning that I'm not trying to be deep, profound, wise, or anything – I don't have an agenda.

When I started writing these a few years ago, I just thought I would share what's going on in my life, things I see, & what stands out in the chapters I've read that morning in the Bible.

I'm TOTALLY dependent on God to make sense of what I write – I mean, I am up before the butt-crack of dawn! Some mornings my brain just doesn't fire on all it's cylinders! ;-)

Anyway, here's what I read in Titus this morning. It's some pretty singular, profound, & miraculous realities that Paul shares with his friend, Titus.

If what Paul writes here is true, then it was true not only for him & Titus, but for you & me, too.



Titus 3

3 Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient.

We were misled and became slaves to many lusts and pleasures.

Our lives were full of evil and envy,

and we hated each other.
4 But...

"When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, 5 he saved us,

not because of the righteous things we had done,

but because of his mercy.

He washed away our sins,

giving us a new birth

and new life through the Holy Spirit.

6 He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior.

7 Because of his grace he declared us righteous

and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life."

No comments: