Thursday, October 29, 2015

pruning

John 15

1 "I am the true grapevine,

and my Father is the gardener.

2 He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit,

and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.

3 You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you.

4 Remain in me,

and I will remain in you.

For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine,

and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.


  5 "Yes, I am the vine;

you are the branches.

Those who remain in me,

and I in them,

will produce much fruit.

For apart from me you can do nothing.

6 Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers.

Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned.

7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you,

you may ask for anything you want,

and it will be granted!

8 When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples.

This brings great glory to my Father.



I think I've been pruned back level with the ground.

I don't know if I've been pruned back to grow back or pruned back to eliminate me.

No comments: