Tuesday, October 13, 2015

one compared to the other

Isaiah 55

8 "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD.

"And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,

so My ways are higher than your ways
and My thoughts higher than your thoughts.



I've gotten used to being clueless.

It took me about 2 years, or so.

I didn't say I like it.

But I've adjusted to being clueless.

I do know this: I'm to love God, & love people while pointing them to their Father.

Sometimes my life doesn't make sense.

But a lot of people live in a similar state.

I have to remember I'm hooked up with the God of the universes.

He's blindingly holy,

eternally powerful,

all-knowing,

wise,

& infinitely loving – iow, the very embodiment of love.


But most of wall, as Isaiah says here, His way of doing things is completely antithetical to the way I think.

He just thinks differently from me.

I have to trust that even the way He thinks & operates is completely beyond me a lot of the time...

& that I should believe He sees the BIG picture & has got this off thing call life under His control.


It'd all about trust, isn't it?

Either I do, or I don't.

No comments: