Monday, October 26, 2015

ripple effect

So take a new grip with your tired hands

& stand firm on your shakey legs.

Mark out a straight path for your feet.

Then those who follow you,

though they are weak & lame

will not stumble & fall

but will become strong.

Hebrews 12:12-13


Does anyone have “tired hands” or “shakey legs”?

I remember not too long ago when this verse really stood out for me.

I was in my 50's, & was trying to function in ministry with the “tired hands” & shakey feet” that come with that age.

I remember it touched me significantly, because tired hands & shakey feet were my reality, a new reality I'd never experienced before.

Since then, my hands have gotten more tired, & my feet more shakey.

And I've tried even more diligently to see after God so my direction & actions are more in line with the “path” He would have me walk.

Why?

The stakes are too high.

There are too many people who feel the ripple effect of our life.

For many, our influence has primary impact, whether they acknowledge it or not.

I would say many or most are unaware of it.

It is influence that not only helps them in their day to day lives,

but helps them gather strength from God.

Our task is simply – we are to love God, & love people.

And in loving people & pointing them to God's love & personhood, we contribute to them finding strength & courage to face life as it comes.

No comments: