Thursday, October 8, 2015

what I read this morning

Every morning I get up early, read the Bible, & listen out for whatever God may say to me through it.

I read a chapter in the Old Testament – I read the O.T. from beginning to end, then start over – a word of warning: the minor prophets will kill you! ;-)

I read a psalm each day – I heard that Billy Graham does so, so I figure if it's good enough for Billy, it's good enough for me! :-)

I read a chapter in the gospels – I read through them sequentially.

And I read a chapter in the New Testament – I read through it, starting in Acts & going to Revelation, then start over in Acts. I only read Revelation once a year – it just fries my brain! (what little there is! ;-) LOL)


Every day I'm exposed to incredible truth. Sometimes God speaks into me through some parts of what I read. Sometimes it may speak into the lives of people I know. And then sometimes it may just speak in general to the human condition.


Here's some of the already underlined verses I encountered just this morning. And every day is like this – sometimes there's a whole lot that He has to say – it's like a waterfall of truth. Other days it can be a quiet general truth, or a real whuppin' ;-)




Psalm 47


Come everyone & clap your hands for joy!

Shout to God with joyful praise!

For the Lord Most High is awesome.

He is the King of all the earth.

Psalm 47:1-2



Isaiah 50

Morning by morning He wakens me & opens my understanding to His will.

Isaiah 50:4b


Because the Sovereign Lord helps me,

I will not be dismayed.

Therefore, I have set my face like a stone,

determined to do His will.

And I know I will triumph.

He who gives me justice is near.

Isaiah 50:7-8a


If you are walking in darkness,

without a ray of light,

trust in the Lord

& rely on your God.

Isaiah 50:10b


Luke 18

Jesus is speaking here in this chapter in Luke's gospel.


The proud will be humbled,

but the humble will be honored.

Luke 18:14b


Let the children come to me.

Don't stop them!

For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

I assure you anyone who doesn't have their kind of faith will never get into the Kingdom of God.

Luke 18:16b-17


What is impossible from a human perspective is possible with God.

Luke 18: 27


Everyone who has given up house

or wife

or brother

or parents

or children,

for the sake of the Kingdom of God,

will be repaid many times over in this life,

as well as receiving eternal live in the world to come.

Luke 18:29-30



2 Timothy

Paul is writing to Timothy, his adopted son in the faith. Paul is in Rome, in prison, and knows he will die soon. This is his farewell letter to his son.


God has not given us a spirit of fear & timidity,

but of power,

love,

& self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:8


I know the One in whom I trust

& I am sure that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him

until the day of His return.

2 Timothy 1:12b


Remember to live in the faith & love that you have in Christ Jesus.

With the help of the Holy Spirit who lives within us,

carefully guard what has been entrusted to you.

2 Timothy 1:13b-14

No comments: