Sunday, October 22, 2017

letting go

"If you cling to your life, 

you will lose it; 

but if you give it up for Me, 

you will find it." 

Jesus in Matthew 10:39



In 2008 & 2009 this was one of the primary verses God gave me for those years.

I was in tremendous transition back then.

He was challenging me to do something I thought no one in their right mind would allow me to do.

Every time I say "But God...", over & over God would whisper back "don't cling to your life".


Well, I walked toward that challenge.

The doors opened.

And the results of that obedience produced the most halcyon days of my life.



As I read these words this morning, it felt like God whispered again to me...

"don't cling to your life..."


I thought most of the life I've known has disappeared.

Maybe it not only has to disappear, but I have to let it go?


And who will I be now?

No comments: