Thursday, October 19, 2017

our job

The most important piece of clothing you must wear is love.

Love is what binds us all together.

Colossians 3:14



Well, we're missing the boat on that one these days here in America.


When did we stop being people who are known for the quality of our love?


And when did we start having the street cred as mean spirited, judgemental people


When did it start?


How did it start, & who &/or what started it.


It's gotten to the point whenever I'm asked to quantify who I am with God, I just say I'm a follower of Jesus trying to live our His mandate to love God & love others (LGLO).


(Yeah, that's what those letters mean in my news feed - would make a good tat, dontcha think? ;-) )


It's also gotten to the point where it feels like I spend a tremendous amount of time living down many of those who call themselves "Christians" whose lives don't communicate that they are emulating Jesus.


Of course, I'm sure one or two people feel like they have to live me down, too ;-)


Anyway, let's concentrate on the positive here...


Paul says ti the followers of Jesus in Colossae that the most important characteristic we Jesus followers should manifest is love - God's love for others.


Why don't we focus on allowing God to channel His love through us & leave the judging to God, which is His job anyway?

No comments: