Sunday, October 1, 2017

pure & simple

"Anyone who obeys my teachings will never die." John 8:51



This is Jesus talking here.


I checked all the different English translations on BibleGateway.com - there's like 57?


They all say the same thing...


If we obey Jesus' teaching, we will never die.


iow, we will live forever.


There you have it.


Either Jesus is who He says He is, or He's bat poop crazy.


A nice guy, or a sweet prophet, or a great philosopher wouldn't say that.


Only God Himself could say that.


Or someone barking mad...


I believe Jesus was the Son of God, come to live among us, & to show us who God really is.


So, if Jesus said if we obey His teachings, we will never die, well, then, I guess He ought to know.


Too simplistic, naive, gullible, dumb, stupid, or ____________ (you fill in the blank)?


Maybe to you it is any or all those things.


I choose to believe Jesus was who He said He was.


I choose to obey.


I choose to live forever.


Not that I deserve it - we know where I'd be if I got what I deserved - just like you would be.


It's not about what I deserve - it's about what Jesus graciously offers.


pure & simple...

No comments: