Thursday, July 22, 2010

burn up, not rust out

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do.

Boy, howdy!

Right now, these last few days, I know the devil has been poking me about how utterly ridiculous this moving to Blairsville is. And, I guess in the world's eyes, it is.

He's been saying things like,
"who are you to go up there?"
"do you REALLY think YOU are gonna have any impact?"
"what happens if you go up there & nothing happens?" (that's one he hits me over the head with a LOT!)
"isn't it a bit arrogant to go up there?"

Well, these are all valid questions.

I have to remind myself THIS WASN'T MY IDEA!!!

If we go up there & it all goes up in smoke, well, whatever.

But what if it doesn't?

There's been too many things that have "just happened" as we've walked toward going to Blairsville.

And then, I'm reading in Romans 10, & these verses pop off the page...

Romans 10:14 But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?15 And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, "How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!"

Yeah, and as I read it, God seemed to whisper, "go"

Next month, I turn 60 (I still find it hard to believe!) This song by Mark Shultz, "Time that is left," really is resonating with me as Lynn & I travel this road to Blairsville.

What will you do with the time that’s left
Will you live it all with no regret?
Will they say that you loved till your final breath?
What will you do with the time that’s left?

Oh, Hallelujah!
Oh, Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Amen

What will you do with the time that’s past?
Oh and all the pain that seems to last?
Can you give it to Jesus and not look back?
What will you do with the time that’s past?

Oh, Hallelujah!
Oh, Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Amen

What will He say when your time has come?
When He takes you into His arms of love?
With tears in His eyes will He say well done?
What will He say when your time has come?

Oh, Hallelujah!
Oh, Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
(Lord be present in all my ways,
help me follow You all my days oh Father God)
Amen

What will you do with the time that’s left?
Will you live it all with no regret
Will they say that you loved till your final breath?
What will you do with the time?

No comments: