Tuesday, July 27, 2010

high stakes

Romans 15:19a I have won them over by the miracles done through me as signs from God - all by the power of God's Spirit.

Wikipedia says this about a miracle: "A miracle is an unexpected event attributed to divine intervention."

As I read this verse this morning, it seemed that God reminded me that all that has been especially the last 10+ years at Christ Chapel have not been because of me, but because of His Holy Spirit choosing to work through me.

But even more importantly, He seemed to remind me that all that will happen in the future for the good of His Kingdom & His children will be accomplished the same way - because of His Holy Spirit choosing to work through me.

My job?

Keep the vessel He chooses to use clean & unhampered, fit & ready to be used.

Proverb 4:23 says, "Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do."

I gotta guard my heart - the stakes are even higher now.

The devil is & will throw his best at me, push all the right buttons, & do everything to bring me down. I guess that could mean that he wants to disqualify, distract, &/or disintegrate me because He doesn't want what is gonna happen through me & around me to happen.

Hope that paragraph didn't sound as arrogant as it seemed to me.

Lynn & I are on the cusp of a new adventure with & for Him. Pray for us, will ya? The stakes as SO high!

No comments: