Saturday, July 3, 2010

go

I'm reading in Acts these days (chapter 19 today) - of course, Psalms, too (me & Billy Graham read a psalm a day, ya know ;-). I just finished Lamentations - whew! what a downer!

Anyway, I'm off track...

I'm reading in Acts about Paul's missionary journeys. He would go to an city, get a job as a tent maker, live & work among the people, & do tons of relationship evangelism. That's how Paul instigated the evangelism of the Roman world - simply by going somewhere, getting a job, & being who he was: a Christ follower.

Today, we feel like we need to be authenticated by some mission board, raise support, be "commissioned", & set off to "far away places with strange sounding names".

I wonder how our state, our nation, & our world would be impacted if more of us followed Paul's example & simply let God lead us to some place, near or far, get jobs, & simply be the contagious Christ followers that we are.

Lynn & I are doing just that as we consider our "next" with our Abba Father. It's kinda exciting & kinda scary, considering that we'd have to completely depend on Him to "make things happen"

No comments: