Wednesday, July 21, 2010

following

Proverbs 3:5 (The Message)

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
He's the One Who will keep you on track.

When I read this on January 18 of this year, I thought God gave this as one of the four passages I was to hold on to during this year. I knew it was gonna be another year of incredible change because He gave me 4 passages for the year.

That also happened in 2008 - the year He started talking to me about downtown.

I didn't know what was gonna happen this year. Interesting how it's unfolded, isn't it?

Anyway, at first review, I saw "trust" & "listen" & "He's the one who will keep you"

As I've walk through transitioning Dave into HOG leadership & eventually downtown leadership, I've had to trust Him, & listen out for His guiding.

"don't try to figure out everything on your own" is something God keeps saying to me. I'm always trying to figure things out, & then make them happen. He's the One who makes things happen - not me.

I never would have figured things out if I'd tried. I never would have guessed life would have moved in the directions it has taken so far - stepping away from leadership here, stepping away from Middle Georgia, & walking toward settling in the Blairsville area.

So? That's all well & fine & good, but what does that have to do with you?

Trust Him.
He's dreamed a dream for your life. All He wants you to do is let go of it & let Him make His dreams happen in you.

Listen to Him.
He WILL tell you what He wants you to do. Wait & listen, & it will become apparent.

He will keep you.
He's gonna take care of you through whatever situations & processes you'll face.

Don't try to figure everything out on your own.
This is pretty obvious.

I'm still trusting, listening, resting in His keeping, & trying to not run ahead of Him & figure things out on my own. I won't know for sure if the current of His will carry Lynn & me to Blairsville until we have jobs there & a place to live. But it sure does look like ti will.

We'll see.

No comments: