Wednesday, July 14, 2010

trusting, or not

Psalm 146:3 Don't put your trust in powerful people; there is no help for your there.

So much for the old saying, "It's not what you know, but who you know."

It's not about manipulating people to give us special consideration & ingratiating ourselves to people who can "pull strings for us"

It's all about realizing that if God has dreamed a BIG dream for our lives, then He's gonna be the One who makes it happen.

Not our manipulations, machinations, & ingratiations.

As Lynn & I walk into our "next" it's something of a default setting to depend on "who you know" & "network".

I guess the real test of our faith is to simply walk toward something & allow Him to open doors.

Like I've said before recently, "we either trust Him, or we don't."

That's probably why there's so many "I don't know's" ahead for Lynn & I. This is the biggest step of faith we've ever made together. If we knew more than we do, we'd probably try make it happen, & make it happen too soon.

We either trust Him, or we don't.

I'm learning a whole new level of trust here.

No comments: